Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Its good to have friends...

So, I've been feeling like I'm about to lose my sanity lately. And that's why I was extra thankful for days like today, when I got the brood out of the house and went to hang out at Julie's house. Even if I don't tell friends that my nerves are frayed and I'm on my late ounce of patience, even if we never get the chance to spell it all out to each other, just being around other people is so great. It really gives me strength to go on. Like today.... I had no food in the house, no milk, no coffee even! I know, horror of horrors. I got a late start, and even though I hung around after other folks left, Julie was kind enough to let us stay to lunch. That helped me out more than she knew. I was saved from going to the grocery store with 2 cranky little ones in the middle of their usual lunch time. I am so thankful for the generosity of friends, and from having friends who are down in the trenches of raising kids, so even though its not easy for any of us, we're all in it together. I wish I could return the favor of generosity more often. I'm generous in spirit, really I am. One of these days I swear I'm going to get it together and become one of those people who always has something fresh baked and yummy to share. I'm just thankful to have enough people who share what they have with me and know that when they are in need I'll be there for them.

1 comment:

Constance the Super said...
This comment has been removed by the author.