Friday, July 11, 2008

This is why its awesome to have two kids. They actually play together now! Okay, its more like playing alongside one another. But no matter what kind of interaction it is, I still think its beautiful.

And speaking of having two of them, I really feel like I've found the new normal. For the first few months, I always felt like I constantly had to divide myself between the two of them. And then, of course, I felt like neither one of them got the total mom that they deserved. But lately I feel like I'm able to give everyone what they need at the same time. Maybe its because Georgia is older, or maybe its because Daniel is older. Or maybe I'm just finding my groove as a mom again. All I know is I have less days of feeling sad over how my relationship with my son will never be the same again and guilt over what I'm not giving my daughter. Life right now is balanced and full.

In fact, I'm feeling recharged enough that I've actually been practicing lately. Having a babysitter helps immensely with this. I'm actually trying to be ambitious and learn a program that might work for a recital in the late spring. We'll see. I just realized that its been 4 years since my master's recital. FOUR YEARS. How did that happen?? And I'm pretty sure that was my last public performance. So, in the word of Wolf Brand Chili, that's been too long. Hopefully by putting this little bit of info out there, my friends will ask my how the piano practice is going, and that will keep me working.

No comments: